Tangy Green Zebra Gazpacho
- 2 Pound Green Zebra tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped plus 1 Green Zebra tomato cut into small wedges for garnish
- 0.25 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeeze lime juice
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 small jalapeño, stemmed and seeded
- 1 Hass avocado-halved, pitted and peeled
- 1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, unpeeled and coarsely chopped plus finely diced unpeeled cucumber for garnish
- salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a blender, combine half each of the coarsely chopped green tomatoes, cucumber and onion with the avocado, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice and 1 cup of cold water and puree until smooth. Transfer the puree to a large bowl.
2. Add the remaining coarsely chopped green tomatoes, cucumber and onion to the blender along with the 2 tablespoons of mint, the cilantro and 1/4 cup of olive oil and pulse to a chunky puree. Add the puree to the bowl and stir well. Refrigerate the soup until well chilled, about 1 hour. Season the gazpacho with salt and pepper and ladle it into chilled bowls. Garnish the cold soup with the tomato wedges, diced cucumber, mint leaves and a drizzle of olive oil and serve.