Tangy Cucumber Soup
To turn this tangy and refreshing yogurt-based soup into a terrific light meal, simply add poached shrimp.
- 2 Pound Persian or English cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and chopped
- 0.5 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 0.5 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp chopped dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- kosher salt
- In a blender, puree the cucumbers, yogurt, lemon juice and garlic. With the machine on, gradually add the 1/2 cup of oil until incorporated. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the chopped dill and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 30 minutes. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and dill sprigs.
MAKE AHEAD The soup can be refrigerated overnight.
NOTES The soup can also be served as a sauce for grilled meats or used as a salad dressing.
Recipe Credit: Justin Chapple
Image Credit: Con Poulos