Taco Chicken Empanadas
- 2 (about 15 ounces each) refrigerated pie crust
- 1.5 chopped cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 Can (about 11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained or 1 1/4 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 Can (about 4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace® Picante Sauce
Heat the oven to 400°F. Let the pie crusts stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Stir the chicken, onion, corn, chiles and picante sauce in a medium bowl. Cut 8 (4-inch) rounds from each pie crust, re-rolling the dough as needed. For each empanada, place 2 tablespoons chicken mixture in the center of each round. Pinch the edges together to seal and place on 2 baking sheets.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the empanadas are golden brown.
Easy Substitution: Substitute 2 cans (4.5 ounces each) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained, for the cooked chicken.