Swiss-Style Veal and Mushrooms
- 1.75 cup Swanson® Chicken Stock
- hot cooked egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 0.25 cup water
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 8 green onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1.5 Pound veal for stew
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 Can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
- Freshly ground black pepper
Stir the stock, soup, thyme, veal, mushrooms and green onions in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the veal is fork-tender.
Stir the flour and water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Stir the flour mixture in the cooker. Turn the heat to HIGH. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
Stir in the cheese. Serve over the noodles. Season with the black pepper.
Tip: Veal for stew is a good way to enjoy veal for less. It's much less expensive than chops or tenderloin cuts and tastes wonderful in this recipe.