Sweet Potatoes Au Gratin
Looking for a delicious dish? Try this sweet and savory Sweet Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe!
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 0.5 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Ounce shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1.5 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 peeled and thinly slice sweet potato
- 1 peeled and thinly sliced russet potato
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a medium sized pot on high heat with 1 teaspoon of butter add in the onions and caramelize. Once they are brown add in the remaining amount of butter.
- Once the butter has melted add in the flour and stir until combined to make a roux. Pour in the milk and bring to a slow boil. The milk should become very thick.
- Next, whisk in the gruyere cheese, season with salt and pepper and in the herbs.
- Mix in the sliced potatoes to the pot and transfer to a small baking dish. Top off with the bread crumbs and any leftover shredded gruyere cheese.
- Bake on 375° for 60 minutes or until browned on top.
For the full post, visit Billy Parisi.