Sweet Potatoes With Almond Pesto
Serving Size: 8
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 0.75 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 0.25 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°. On a baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a pie plate, toast the almonds for about 3 minutes, until lightly golden; let cool completely. In a food processor, pulse the almonds with the basil and garlic until finely chopped. With the machine on, drizzle in the remaining 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Transfer the pesto to a small bowl, stir in the cheese and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve the potatoes with the pesto.
Make Ahead: The pesto can be refrigerated overnight.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Chris Court