Sweet Potato Salad with Maple Dressing
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 2 hot (or mild) cubanelle peppers (one large bell pepper would work too.)
- 2 lebanese cucumbers (1 regular cucumber would also work)
- handful chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Vegenaise
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Cook sweet potato as desired - I use the microwave to save on time, but I recommend chopping into cubes and boiling until desired tenderness is reached. Cool potatoes (to room temperature or colder.) Dice cucumbers and peppers. Combine with potatoes. In a seperate bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients. Toss dressing with salad and chopped cilantro. Garnish with additional cilantro if desired.
- Serve cold.
Tip: For a more traditional "potato salad" flavour, add 1/2 cup of sweet corn kernels and 1/2 cup of chopped pickles, if desired.
For the full post, visit The Bacon Eating Jewish Vegetarian.