Sweet Potato Minestrone with Chickpeas and Pesto
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 cup baby spinach
- Handful of green beans
- 1 15 oz can Chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp bacon bits (optional)
- 0.33 cup Stelline pasta
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
- 6 cup water
- 2 cup canned tomatoes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- vegan parmesan cheese and grilled buttered bread (optional)
- Heat a medium soup over medium / high heat. Add olive oil, pesto, onion and carrot - saute until onion begins to soften and turn golden.
- Add sweet potato, tomatoes, nutritional yeast , salt + water - stir. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add pasta, bacon bits, chickpeas and green beans- simmer for an additional 7-8 minutes (or according to cooking directions on pasta box).
- Stir in baby spinach and recover- serve once spinach has wilted.
- Ladle into bowls and top with vegan Parmesan and serve with buttered grilled bread.
- Keeps well up to four days, the best after day two or three.
For the full post, visit Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes.