Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup A La Crockpot
The crock-pot is great in the cold weather because you can prep everything in the AM and then come home to a hot dish!
- 2 medium large sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 cup chicken broth (low-sodium if available)
- 0.25 tsp ground ginger
- 0.375 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.75 tsp curry powder
- 1 onions, chopped
- 2 cup baby carrots
- 0.5 cup half-and-half
- Place sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, curry powder, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and ginger in a 5 quart crock-pot. Add chicken broth. Stir well. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Puree soup, 1 cup at a time in a blender. Return to the crock-pot. Add maple syrup, half-and-half, and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes to reheat. Serve.
Read more from Fashionable Hostess.