Sweet Peach Olive Oil Cake
Serving Size: 12
On Top Chef, Kristen Kish’s winning menu included fennel pollen olive oil cake. She makes the simplified version here with peach slices.
- 3 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 1.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 0.5 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- sweetened vanilla Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment paper and coat with vegetable oil spray. In a bowl, toss the peaches with 1/4 cup of the olive oil, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the salt. Let stand until juicy, about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 1/4 cups of olive oil. In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Fold in the peaches and juices. Scrape the batter into the pan; bake for 35 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool slightly, then serve with Greek yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of: Kristen Kish
Image Credit: Tara Fisher