Sweet and Sour Pork in Lettuce Cups
Serving Size: 4
Season the pork that goes into lettuce cups with an appealing mix of flavors, including lime juice and zest, fish sauce and honey.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- lime wedges, for serving
- thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- 1 head butter lettuce (6 ounces), leaves separated
- freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 0.5 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Pound ground pork
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- In a skillet, heat the canola oil. Add the onion and stir-fry over moderate heat until softened and golden, 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up the meat, until browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in the honey, fish sauce and sesame oil and cook, stirring, until no traces of pink remain in the pork, about 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir the lime zest and lime juice into the pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lettuce cups on a serving platter. Fill with the pork and garnish with scallions. Serve with lime wedges.
Recipe Credit: Todd Porter and Diane Cu
Image Credit: Christina Holmes