Sweet and Sassy Cherry Chicken Pizzettes
- 0.25 cup tart cherry preserves
- 1 cup red leaf lettuce, sliced into thin shreds
- 3 sourdough English muffins, split and toasted until golden
- 1.25 cup shredded mozzarella
- 0.5 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 0.5 cup chicken breast tenderloins, diced (about 2 small tenderloins)
- 0.125 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 0.25 cup granny smith apple, cored and finely chopped
- 4 thin strips smoked bacon; uncooked
- 2.25 Tbsp bottled sweet cherry peppers, seeded and finely chopped (plus a few whole for garnish)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp real mayonnaise
- 0.125 cup red onion, slivered into pieces
Preheat oven to high-broil. In a small dish add the preserves, mayonnaise, and dijon and mix until well combined. Stir in the cherry peppers, set aside. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat cook bacon until crispy. Set bacon aside, reserving ½-¾ tablespoon of drippings. In a separate medium skillet, heat drippings over medium-high. Add apples, yellow onions, chicken, and grill seasoning. Cook and stir mixture, just until chicken is no longer pink and remove from heat.
Place split, toasted, English muffins on a broil pan. Evenly spread 1 tablespoon cherry/pepper sauce over each half. Divide and spread the chicken mixture over the sauce. Crumble bacon and sprinkle desired amount over the chicken, then divide and sprinkle shredded cheese over the tops of each pizza. Broil 1½ to 2 minutes, or just until cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve each with a pinch of lettuce and a sprinkle of onions. Enjoy!