Super Soft Blueberry Scones
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 5 Tbsp cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Yes, that’s right! Alton Brown said it was OK.
- Start by sifting all of the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add in the butter cubes, then cut in with a pastry cutter or a fork until the mixture is mealy – the butter crumbs should almost have the same texture as the flour mixture. Don’t use your hands for this, as they are too warm.
- Add in the blueberries and stir to coat them with flour. Pour in the milk all at once, and fold gently to combine. The mixture will not be smooth, and that is ok. Just be sure that the milk and flour are thoroughly incorporated.
- Drop gently onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Place in the oven, even if it’s not preheated yet. Bake for a total time of 15 minutes, but turn the temperature down to 400 about halfway in, after the “oven spring” has happened (aka the rise).
Read more from PDXfoodlove.