Summery Fettuccine Alfredo
- 0.75 Pound fettuccine
- 1 cup thick whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 0.5 cup finely grated pecorino cheese, 1 1/2 ounce plus more for serving
- 0.25 cup chopped basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccine until al dente. Reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the fettuccine well.
2. Add the ricotta and the 1/2 cup of pecorino to the pot along with the reserved pasta cooking water; stir until smooth. Add the fettuccine and the basil, season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve in bowls, passing additional grated pecorino at the table.