Summer Lemon Pesto Risotto
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pesto (I like to use more if it’s homemade, because it’s not as salty as the store-bought stuff)
- large pinch kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cup vegetable stock
- 0.5 cup dry white wine (get something you can also drink! I learned this the hard way...)
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup trimmed and chopped snap pea
- In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil on medium heat and add in the shallot. Cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent, and then add the rice. Stir frequently until the rice becomes a little transparent.
- Next, add the wine, again, stirring frequently. The wine will be completely absorbed in under a minute, so stay on your toes!
- Next, add the vegetable stock, about 1/4 to 1/3 cup at a time. Bring to a simmer and cook the stock into the rice. Add another batch each time the previous one gets absorbed completely, continuing until you reach the end of your 4 cups.
- When the last batch of stock is almost completely gone, add in the pesto, lemon juice, lemon zest and snap peas. Stir to combine and remove from the heat. Serve with freshly ground black pepper.
Read more from PDXfoodlove.