Stuffed Grilled Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 2
- 2 cup cooked quinoa (used red quinoa)
- 2 bell peppers, seeds removed, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 cup organic salad greens of choice
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced in half and pit removed (hint: I like to take my knife & stab the pit, give it a gentle twist, and it’ll pop right out!)
- 1 ripe mango, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or oil of choice
- 1 batch of my roasted red pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your grill or cast-iron grill pan to medium-high heat. Holding your avocado half with the inside facing you, gently brush your avocado with your oil. Place your avocado halves on your grill with the inside facing down. Grill your avocados until you get beautiful grill marks (about 5 minutes). Remove from grill and set aside.
- Brush each side of your mango slices with oil and grill for approximately 5 minutes on each side, until you see those beautiful grill marks. Slice half into one-inch strips, cut the other half into cubes.
- In a mixing bowl toss your olives, cubed grilled mango, cooked quinoa and toss until well combined.
- Lay your salad greens on your plate (or bowl). Place your grilled avocado on your salad & spoon your quinoa salad mixture in the center. Top your salad with your strips of grilled mango. Drizzle each dish with the roasted red pepper sauce. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, to taste.
For the full post, visit Eating Whole.