Strawberry-Rose Almond Milk Smoothie
One of my favorite bases for smoothies is almond milk. Almond milk is loaded with nutrients. Not only is it high in calcium, in Ayurveda tradition, almond milk is used to calm the mind and sharpen memory. It’s easy to make with a little foresight, just to soak the almonds in water over night. Then blend with water and strain out the pulp through a nut-milk bag or cheesecloth (although less convenient, will work well too).
- 1 cup whole, raw almonds
- 2 cup water
- Soak the almonds in water to cover overnight. Strain and rinse.
- Place almonds and 2 cups water in the bowl of a blender. Process until completely ground. Over a large bowl, squeeze through a nut-milk bag and reserve.
- 1.5 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp maple sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- Rose petals for garnish (optional)
- Place everything in the blender and process until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness level and serve with a garnish of rose petals.
For the full post, visit Coco Cooks.