- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 1.25 cup fresh ricotta cheese (10 ounces)
- 1.5 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 0.75 Pound strawberry
- 1.5 tsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 0.33 cup plus 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- pinch of ground cloves
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 cup graham flour, see Note
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1. In a bowl, whisk both flours with the cinnamon, salt and cloves. In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter, light brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of the granulated sugar at medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in the honey and molasses, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the side of the bowl and beat in the flour mixture at low speed, just until incorporated. Pat the dough into a disk, cover with plastic and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough 1/8 inch thick. Using a 3 1/2-inch oval cookie cutter, stamp out 16 ovals; reroll the dough scraps if necessary. Transfer the ovals to the baking sheets and bake for about 12 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through, until lightly golden around the edges. Let cool on the pans for 5 minutes, then transfer the ovals to racks to cool completely.
3. In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and the lemon juice. Let stand until syrupy, 20 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, confectioners' sugar and lemon zest. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mixture on each oval. Arrange the strawberries over the ricotta, drizzle with the syrup and serve.