Strawberry Arugula Salad with Point Reyes & Toasted Hazelnuts
- 0.5 cup olive oil
- 0.25 cup toasted and chopped hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar or saba to drizzle
- 0.5 Pound rocket or baby arugula, washed, dried, & chilled
- 1 Pint fresh strawberries, cleaned & sliced
- 0.25 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 0.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (or substitute a sweet-hot mustard)
- 0.25 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 0.25 Pound Point Reyes Blue Cheese
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil into the white balsamic vinegar and mustard. Whisk in the scallion, salt, and pepper. Place the strawberries into the vinaigrette and let marinate for no more than 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together the rocket and arugula to mix. Spoon on just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat the greens. Add the strawberries and toss lightly. Arrange on chilled salad plates, crumble the cheese evenly over the tops of each salad along with toasted hazelnuts.
- Drizzle the saba or dark balsamic vinegar over each serving, and serve immediately.