Stir-Fried Noodles with Roast Pork
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 0.5 Pound roast pork
- 2 scallions
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Chinese chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 0.25 cup chicken broth
- 12 Ounce fresh chinese noodles or linguine
- hot red chili pepper
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, cover the shiitake with water and microwave at high power for 2 minutes. Let stand until plump, about 10 minutes. Drain, rinse and pat dry. Thinly slice the mushrooms.
2. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the noodles until al dente, 3 minutes; drain and rinse the noodles. In a bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, chili-garlic sauce and sugar.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the ginger and shiitake and cook over high heat, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the noodles and scallions and stir-fry until lightly browned, 5 minutes. Add the pork and sauce and cook over moderate heat, tossing until the sauce is absorbed, 3 minutes. Transfer the noodles to a platter, garnish with scallions and chilies and serve.