Sticky Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 4
These Sticky Sweet Chili Chicken Wings are deliciously crispy underneath a sticky made-from-scratch Thai Sweet Chili Sauce full of Asian flavors.
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 Pound chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 cup cornstarch
- Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet or use a deep fat fryer.
- Mix the cornstarch with the salt in a shallow dish and coat the chicken with the mixture. Shake off any excess.
- Fry the chicken wings in the hot oil until the exterior is golden brown and crispy and they are cooked through on the inside, about 12 minutes. Turn a few times to ensure even cooking and avoid burning.
- 1.5 Tbsp chili paste
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.67 cup sugar
- 1.5 cup water
- 0.5 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water to make a slurry
- Once all the wings are ready, mix all sauce ingredients except for the chili paste and the cornstarch slurry in a large frying pan. Bring to the boil and cook until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the chili paste and bring to the boil again. Stir in the cornstarch slurry and continue cooking until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken wings to the sauce, toss until coated and cook over low heat until heated through. Serve immediately.
For the full post, visit Savory Nothings.