Steak Fajita Salad With Tortilla Croutons
Serving Size: 4
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small bell peppers (red and/or yellow), thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 0.75 Pound flank steak
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- Olive oil
- Parchment paper
- Heat oven to 350°. Lightly brush tortillas with olive oil, thinly slice and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and bake until crispy, 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice, 2 tbsp oil, cilantro and 1/2 tsp salt; set aside. In a large heavy skillet over high heat, heat 1 tbsp oil. Pat steak dry and season with salt. Sear steak until browned, 3 minutes per side for medium rare; transfer to a cutting board. Add onion and peppers to skillet and sauté over high heat, stirring occasionally until lightly browned, 3 minutes. Add garlic and cumin; cook 1 minute more. Season with salt and remove from heat. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Add romaine and beans to bowl with dressing and toss to combine; transfer salad to a platter and top with steak, pepper mixture and tortilla croutons.