Split Pea Soup
Not only is this soup really easy to make, it’s also easy on the budget! The entire recipe costs roughly $10 and that’s with using mostly organic ingredients.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 0.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 0.25 tsp cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cup vegetable broth
- 1 16 oz bag of dried split peas
- 2 cup potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until lightly golden.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
For the full post, visit Begin Within Nutrition.