Spiral Ham with Mango Salsa
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.5 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
- 0.5 cup (6 oz.) dried mango, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup package mango juice or nectar
- 0.33 packed brown sugar
- 2 Pound medium green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 9 fully cooked bone-in or 6 lb. fully cooked boneless spiral cut ham
Heat the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it's tender. Stir in the broth, mango juice, dried mango and brown sugar. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Let cool slightly.
Place a strainer over a medium bowl. Pour the broth mixture through the strainer. Reserve the broth mixture to glaze the ham. Put the strained mango mixture in a small bowl. Stir in the green onions. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Place the ham in a 17 x 11-inch roasting pan and cover loosely with foil. Bake at 325°F. for 1 1/2 hours. Remove the foil. Spoon the broth mixture over the ham. Bake for 30 minutes more or until internal temperature of the ham reaches 140°F., basting the ham frequently with the pan drippings. Serve the ham with the mango salsa.
Easy Substitution Tip: Substitute chopped fresh cilantro leaves for the green onions.