Spinach-and-Shrimp Salad with Chile Dressing
- 8 cup baby spinach, 8 ounce
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2.5 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 tsp turmeric powder
- 0.5 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 Holland chile pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 0.25 cup plus 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 0.5 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed and drained
- 1 Pound shrimp
1. In a large bowl, toss the spinach, peas and tomatoes. In a medium skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderately high heat until lightly golden, 4 minutes. Add the chile, ginger, cumin and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
2. Add the shrimp to the salad. Pour the warm chile dressing over the salad, toss well and serve at once.