Spinach and Edamame Salad with Basil and Asian Dressing
Serving Size: 10
- 0.25 cup Asian fish sauce
- Ounce baby spinach
- radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cup frozen shelled edamame (12 ounces)
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 Thai chile, minced
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh lemongrass (tender inner bulb only)
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 0.5 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 3 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 0.5 cup torn basil leaves
- In a bowl, whisk the fish sauce with the vinegar, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, oil, lemongrass, sambal, chile and garlic. Let the dressing stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the edamame until crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Drain and cool under running water, then spread on a plate and blot dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the edamame with the radishes, spinach and basil. Add the dressing and toss well. Serve right away.
Recipe Credit: Bill Kim
Photo Credit: John Kemick