Spinach And Dubliner Cheese Egg Cups
You can call them egg cups, mini crustless quiches or even mini omelet, I’ll just call them darn good! I love the spinach flavor together with the Dubliner cheese.
I have brought leftovers to work to have a nice little late morning snack. They are so simple to make and the flavor combinations are endless. I have even thought of using Swiss cheese or even adding artichokes. You can even add bacon if you wanted too, just be careful not to over fill them.
- olive oil cooking spray
- 0.33 of a 20 oz. bag of refrigerated hash browns
- 0.5 of a 10 oz. box of frozen spinach, thawed
- 5 Ounce shredded Kerrygold Dubliner cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2.5 Tbsp heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a regular-sized 12 cup muffin tin with olive oil cooking spray (wipe the excess spray off).
- Add hash browns to each muffin cup, only to about a little less than half the height of the cup. Bake for about 20-23 minutes, until some of the hash browns have browned.
- Beat eggs with heavy cream and add salt and pepper. Layer a little bunches of spinach and cheese into each cup. Add egg-cream mixture to each muffin cup filling to about 2/3 of the height of each cup (I used a measuring cup with spout for easy pouring). Top with a pinch of spinach and another pinch or two of Dubliner cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until eggs are firm. Allow egg cups to sit in the tin for a few minutes before running a butter knife around the sides to loosen. Serve with Dubliner cheese sprinkled on top.
Read more from The Little Kitchen.