Spicy-Sticky Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 4
Sticky, spicy and delicious, this Asian-inspired fried chicken is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- 0.25 cup chile-garlic sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- 2 Pound bone-in chicken drumsticks or thighs, with skin
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Whisk together the chile-garlic sauce, honey, rice vinegar and fish sauce. Set aside.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and set aside. In another large bowl, add the flour.
- Coat the chicken in egg and then dredge it in flour. Shake off any excess. Set coated pieces aside and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Heat 1 inch of oil to 375° in a large frying pan or Dutch oven.
- Working in small batches, gently place the chicken in the hot oil and fry until crispy and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes on each side.
- Toss the chicken in the sauce and serve hot.
Recipe Credit: Todd Porter and Diane Cu
Image Credit: Todd Porter & Diane Cu