Spicy Pumpkin Black Bean Chili
Chili is so adaptable- we prefer black bean or pinto beans, but kidney beans are also a great option. Heat and spices are also up to the cook in charge.
- small Long Island Cheese pumpkin or Sugar Pumpkin - peeled, seeded + cubed
- olive or coconut oil
- 2 cup vegan veggie crumbles or tempeh crumbled
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cumin
- 0.5 tsp salt + 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 Can vegetable broth or light beer
- 5 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 0.5 cup red onion , chopped
- 1 hot peppers, diced + seeds removed for a less heat
- Green onions, vegan sour cream, vegan shredded cheese + tortillas for garnish and serving
- Over medium heat coat the bottom of a medium soup pot or dutch oven with oil of choice.
- Add hot peppers, onions + green peppers and saute for 3-5 minutes Add pumpkin, tomatoes, black beans + broth / beer to pan.
- Season with salt + cumin then add maple syrup and veggie crumbles/tempeh to pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-45 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent chili from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool about 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with your favorite toppings!
- Serve with cornbread or tortilla chips.
For the full post, visit Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes.