Spicy Lamb Shish Kebabs
- 0.25 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 Pound small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Pound trimmed lean leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plust more for brushing
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 0.5 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp hot paprika
- warmed pita bread, for serving
1. In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt with the paprika, cumin, allspice, garlic and the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Add the lamb and stir until evenly coated. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
2. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Thread the lamb and zucchini onto 12 long metal skewers and brush with oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill the kebabs over moderately high heat, turning, until the lamb is browned outside and medium-rare inside, 6 minutes. Serve the lamb kebabs with the pita.