Spicy Cucumber Margarita
- 0.33 cup sugar
- kosher salt, for dipping
- lime wedge
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved
- 0.5 cup triple sec
- 1.25 cup fresh lime juice
- 1.25 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cup tequila blanco
- 0.33 cup water
- cucumber slice
- Bring 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Let simple syrup cool.
- Combine simple syrup, 3 cups tequila blanco, 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice, 1 1/4 cups fresh lime juice, 1/2 cup triple sec, and 1 jalapeño, halved lengthwise, in a pitcher.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours (taste every 1/2 hour or so until spiced to your liking); remove jalapeño.
- Rub a lime wedge over half the rim of highball or rocks glasses; dip into kosher salt.
- Serve Margaritas over ice in prepared glasses; garnish with sliced cucumber and jalapeño.
Recipe Credit: Bon Appetit Test Kitchen
Image Credit: Matt Duckor