Spicy Brussels Sprouts with Mint
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cup chopped mint
- 0.25 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 0.25 cup Asian fish sauce
- kosher salt
- 0.25 tsp togarashi, see Note or cayenne pepper
- 0.5 cup Rice Krispies or other puffed rice cereal
- 4 cup roasted or boiled brussels sprouts, about 2 pound halved lengthwise
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until shimmering. Add the Rice Krispies and togarashi and cook over high heat, stirring, until browned, about 30 seconds. Season with salt. Transfer to a plate and wipe out the skillet.
2. In a small bowl, combine the fish sauce, water, sugar, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic and chile and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the cilantro and mint.
3. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet and heat until nearly smoking. Add the brussels sprouts; cook over high heat, stirring, until charred in spots and heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the vinaigrette. Just before serving, sprinkle the Rice Krispies on top and serve right away.