Spicy Black Bean Dip
This spicy black bean dip is not for the faint of heart, seriously, it’s pretty hot. The hot factor comes from the chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, so add less or very little if you’re not a fan of the heat, or just get out of the kitchen.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 15oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (from the can), diced small
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Farm Rich mozzarella sticks
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent about 5 minutes. Add black beans, garlic, chili powder, a little bit of salt and pepper, chilis in adobo sauce & 3/4 cup of water. Cook until liquid reduces about half.
- Transfer bean mixture to a food processor or blender and add apple cider vinegar. Blend until smooth. Let cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a large bowl. Top with some shredded cheese if you want!
For the full post, visit Handmade in the Heartland.
Compensation for this post was provided by Farm Rich via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Farm Rich or AOL.