Spicy Avocado and Pea Tea Sandwiches
These vegetarian sandwiches from F&W’s Ben Mims feature avocado two ways—mashed and in a chunky salad. Both are tossed with a tangy chile-herb dressing.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 small slices of whole-grain bread
- 0.5 Hass avocado, diced
- 1 red Thai chile, seeded and minced
- 0.5 tsp finely chopped tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp finely chopped mint, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- finely grated zest of 1/2 lime
- 2 Tbsp thawed frozen peas
- In a small bowl, whisk the canola oil with the lime zest and juice, the 1 teaspoon of mint, 1/2 teaspoon of tarragon and the chile. Stir in the avocado, season with salt and pepper and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Mash one-third of the marinated avocado on the bread. Stir the peas into the remaining avocado and spoon on top of the sandwiches. Garnish with finely chopped mint and tarragon.
Recipe Credit: Ben Mims
Image Credit: Con Poulos