Spicy Asian Noodles with Veggies
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sambal (chili paste)
- 1 Tbsp hoisin
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 0.5 lime, plus more for garnish
- 1 small can of water chestnuts
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 0.5 inch fresh ginger, peeled and sliced paper-thin
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Pound spaghetti (rice noodles or soba noodles would work, too)
- 2 cup veggies of your choice, chopped or sliced
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot or a wok, heat the oil. Starting with the heartiest veggies first, sauté the veggies until tender-crisp. Add the garlic, sliced ginger, green onion, and water chestnuts last.
- Add the soy sauce, hoisin, sambal, honey, and sesame oil. Start with the lower measurement and add more of any item as needed, depending on your taste preference. Add the noodles to the wok and combine well with the veggies and sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with lime wedges. Serve hot, or enjoy cold the next day. Daydream about picnics and sunshine. Yum!
For the full post, visit The Usual Bliss.