Spiced Pecan Triple Chocolate Bark
Serving Size: 50
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Pound Ghirardelli white chocolate
- 1 Pound Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate
- 1.75 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 0.125 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Pound Ghirardelli dark chocolate (60% bittersweet)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Mix spices together in a small dish and set aside.
- Melt butter and brown sugar together in a pan over medium-low heat until bubbly. Add chopped pecans and cook for 4 minutes to caramelize. Mix in the spices and then spread the nuts onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes and then cool completely. Break clumps apart when cooled.
- Melt each kind of chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments until smooth. (I just set mine to defrost to reduce microwave power.)
- Line another baking sheet (17 x 12 inch) with parchment paper. Drizzle each chocolate like ribbon over the parchment baking sheet. (I like to drizzle the semi-sweet, white chocolate, and then dark chocolate.) Sprinkle cherries and pecans on top. Cover chocolate with parchment paper and press flat and to the edges of the pan. Place chocolate in the fridge for at least two hours. Remove top parchment paper and then break chocolate into 50-60 pieces. Store in a plastic bag or Tupperware in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from Emeril Lagasse.
For the full post, visit Garnish and Glaze.