Spiced Cucumbers and Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 0.25 cup fresh cilantro leaf
- 1.5 tsp honey
- 0.5 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 red Thai chile (with seeds), thinly sliced
- 4 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 small tomato, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- 2 cup 1/4-inch-thick slices peeled lemon cucumber (or any other cucumber)
- fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add cucumber. Sauté until beginning to soften, about 1 minute. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add tomatoes, scallions, chiles and garlic. Sauté until vegetables are soft, 2–3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and honey; simmer until vegetables are cooked through, 2–3 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro leaves and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with rice, if desired.
Note: This recipe makes 4 cups.
Recipe Credit: Jody Adams of Trade in Boston
Image Credit: Diane Fields