Spiced Brandy Semifreddo with Cranberries
Serving Size: 6
Serve this white chocolate treat with biscotti or other crisp cookies.
- 0.33 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 0.25 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp dark rum
- 1 Tbsp brandy
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 2 Ounce high-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or Perugina), chopped
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp chopped crystallized ginger
- Whisk 1/3 cup sugar, egg yolks, and 2 tablespoons water in small metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan filled with simmering water; whisk until thickened and candy thermometer registers 165°F, about 2 minutes. Remove from over water. Add white chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth. Cool to barely lukewarm.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream and next 4 ingredients in large bowl to very soft peaks; fold into yolk mixture. Divide among 6 short glasses. Freeze until semi-firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Cook cranberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons water in heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat until cranberries begin to pop, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Mix in ginger. Chill until cold, about 1 hour. Spoon over mousse.
Total Time: 6 hours 30 minutes (includes freezing time)
Image Credit: Misha Gravenor
Recipe courtesy of: the Bon Appetit Test Kitchen