Spice-Rubbed Roast Chicken with Two Sauces
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Wasakaka Sauce
- 1 3 1/2-pound chicken, chilled
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced rosemary
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Piri Piri Sauce
1. In a bowl, whisk the oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, fennel seeds and pepper. Rub the mixture all over the chicken, inside and out. Let come to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°. Twist the wings of the chicken behind the back and tie the legs together; set breast side up in a roasting pan. Season all over with salt. Roast for about 55 minutes, until the juices run clear when an inner thigh is pierced. Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut the chicken into 8 pieces and serve with the Wasakaka and Piri Piri Sauces.