Sparkling Toffee Cookies
This recipe for Sparkling Toffee Cookies was given to me by my great aunt – the very same aunt who gave me the recipe for Orange Cookies. And just like those sweet cake-like, citrusy cookies, these sparkling sweet toffee cookies completely stole my heart.
- 1 cup granulated sugar + 1/3 cup for rolling
- 1.5 sticks unsalted butter, softened (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.75 cup toffee bits (homemade or store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, cream together 1 cup of sugar and softened butter until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until combined. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low, slowly add dry ingredients into butter mixture. Beat until just combined. Fold in toffee bits.
- Scoop 1-2 teaspoons of dough and roll into a ball. Roll dough ball in remaining sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until just golden at the edges. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
Read more from Jelly Toast.