Sparkling Pomegranate Punch
This bubbly, sweet-tart cocktail combines sparkling wine, dessert wine and deep-red pomegranate juice.
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 750-milliliter bottles sparkling wine, chilled
- 0.75 cup late-harvest white wine, such as late-harvest Riesling chilled
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple, 1/2 inch
- 0.25 cup pomegranate seed
- ice cube
1. In a punch bowl, dissolve the sugar in the pomegranate juice, stirring vigorously. Add the sparkling wine and late-harvest white wine, then add the orange slices, diced pineapple and pomegranate seeds. Serve the sparkling pomegranate punch over ice cubes.