Spaghettini with Tomatoes, Anchovies and Almonds
- 1.5 Pound beefsteak tomatoes, cored and finely diced
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 0.5 cup grated fresh pecorino cheese, such as Fiore di Sardo plus more for serving
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 3 large oil-packed anchovies
- 0.5 cup salted roasted almond
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 0.25 cup finely shredded basil leaves
- 1 Pound spaghetti
1. In a large bowl, combine the diced tomatoes with the shredded basil, scallions, olive oil and crushed red pepper. Season lightly with salt and black pepper and let the tomatoes stand for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a mini food processor, pulse the almonds with the anchovies and garlic until finely chopped. Add the 1/2 cup of pecorino cheese and the capers and pulse to combine.
3. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, shaking off the excess water. Add the pasta to the tomatoes along with the chopped almond mixture and toss well. Serve the pasta, passing extra cheese at the table.