Spaghetti Squash Salad with Pine Nuts and Tarragon
- 0.5 cup pine nut
- 2 Tbsp chopped tarragon
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 0.5 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 0.67 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 large spaghetti squash, 9 pound halved lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 4 Ounce queso fresco or ricotta salata, crumbled 1 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pine nuts in a pie plate and bake for about 5 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
2. Arrange the spaghetti squash halves cut sides up on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Flip the squash cut sides down and pour the water and wine into the pans. Bake for about 50 minutes, until the squash is barely tender. Flip the squash cut sides up and let cool until warm.
3. In a small bowl, combine the white wine vinegar with the lemon zest and lemon juice, thyme and crushed red pepper. Whisk in the 2/3 cup of olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
4. Working over a large bowl, using a fork, scrape out the spaghetti squash, separating the strands. Pour the dressing over the squash and toss to coat. Add the tarragon, queso fresco and pine nuts and toss again. Serve right away.