Spaghetti with Smoky Eggplant Sauce
Both chickpeas and prepared baba ghanoush, the smoky Middle Eastern eggplant spread, flavor this easy no-cook pasta sauce from F&W’s Kay Chun. It’s creamy, lemony and delicious.
- 2 cup baba ghanoush (16 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 0.25 cup fresh lemon juice
- 15 Ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Pound spaghetti
- kosher salt
- salted toasted sunflower seeds, for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the baba ghanoush with the olive oil, lemon juice, chickpeas and scallions. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Add the spaghetti and the reserved pasta water to the sauce, season generously with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: John Kernick