It is perfect in its simplicity – pasta combined with olive oil, fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic and fresh Parmigiano Reggiano. The flavors are so light, fresh and inviting. If you want to kick it up a notch, I’m sure it would welcome other ingredients – chicken, shrimp, prosciutto would be just fine for my family, but if you truly want to splurge, go for those black mushrooms, or that Devon crab. Buon appetito!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.25 cup fresh basil – chopped
- 0.25 Pound spaghetti – cooked al dente per package directions
- 0.25 cup tomato sauce
- 0.25 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tsp or 4 cloves fresh garlic – minced
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes – chopped
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to taste – grated and shaved
- Heat olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add tomatoes, salt & pepper then saute for one minute.
- Add minced garlic – cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken stock, tomato sauce and cooked pasta. Cook for 3-4 minutes until liquid is reduced. Add basil, stir lightly.
- Place in serving dishes and garnish with fresh cheese and a sprinkle of chopped basil.
Notes: Pasta Pomodoro would be delicious with added chicken, shrimp, mushrooms, bacon or prosciutto. Whatever you love in spaghetti would work well.
For the full post, visit Simply Sated.