Spaghetti con Broccoli
Serving Size: 8
It takes just 30 minutes to make the most delicious Spaghetti con Broccoli!
- 1 Pound spaghetti noodles
- 0.5 Pound broccoli florets, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 0.25 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) container sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 0.75 tsp black pepper
- 0.75 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (or parmesan) cheese, divided
- Boil 4-6 quarts water with 1 tablespoon salt. Cook pasta for 7 minutes and then add broccoli and cook another 2-3 minutes until pasta is al dente and broccoli is crisp-tender. Reserve 1 cup pasta water and then drain pasta and broccoli.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large deep skillet and saute mushrooms over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook anther 30 seconds. Add the cream, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer. Let cream simmer over medium heat for 4 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta, broccoli, and ¼ cup reserved pasta water. Cook 1 minute, stirring to coat all the pasta in the sauce. Stir in ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and then remove from heat. Serve immediately topped with remaining cheese. (Sauce thickens as pasta cools. Add a little starchy pasta water as needed to moisten back up. You'll definitely want to add some if reheating leftovers.)
For the full post, visit Garnish and Glaze.