Spaghetti with Collard Greens and Lemon
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 Ounce whole-grain spaghetti, such as farro
- Coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus more for serving
- 0.25 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 bunch collard greens (12 ounces), ribs removed, thinly sliced
- 0.25 tsp red-pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 0.25 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red-pepper flakes; cook until tender, about 1 minute. Add collard greens and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pine nuts and lemon zest and juice. Season with salt.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
- Add pasta and reserved water to skillet, tossing to coat. Serve immediately, garnished with lemon zest and sprinkled with cheese.
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
20 Classic Comfort Food Recipes from Martha Stewart
36 Dinners You Can Make in Just 15 Minutes!
42 Slow-Cooker Recipes Worth the Wait
These Pretty (and Delicious!) Holiday Cookie Recipes Are Perfect for Gifting
27 Easy Party Food Ideas You Can Make in a Pinch