Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts and Sausage Breadcrumb Topping
F&W’s Kay Chun tops pasta with a very fast and delicious combination of pork sausage, brussels sprouts and crispy breadcrumbs.
- 0.5 Pound spaghetti
- 0.25 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 0.5 Pound brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 0.5 Pound loose pork sausage
- 1 cup panko
- 2 Tbsp snipped chives
- kosher salt
- lemon wedges, for serving
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the brussels sprouts and sausage and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until the sausage is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the panko and cook until crisp, 3 minutes. Stir in the chives and season with salt and pepper. Drain the spaghetti. Top with the brussels sprout mixture, drizzle with olive oil and serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: John Kernick