Southwestern Star Dip
I enjoyed this sensational dip at a holiday party and begged for the recipe, recalls Joan Hallford from North Richland Hills, Texas.
- 2 cup (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1 Can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 0.25 tsp garlic powder
- 0.125 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 0.25 cup chopped green onion
- tortilla chips
In a bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, 1/3 cup olives, chilies, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle tomato on top in the shape of a star; outline with remaining olives. Sprinkle onions around the star.
Yield: 2-2/3 cups
For more great Super Bowl Party Appetizers visit www.Tasteofhome.com