Southwestern Black Bean and Roasted Corn Salad
This salad is lots of things, it’s zesty, slightly spicy, sweet, crunchy, slightly smoky, full of veggies, full of protein from the black beans, even better when eaten as left overs, and totally chip dipable.
And best of all, it’s totally diet friendly.
- 6 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 small haas avocados, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced with seeds and ribs removed
- 1 cup red onions, diced
- 1.5 cup diced tomatoes, (with seeds and guts removed first)
- 2 Can (15 oz each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cup roasted corn (see notes on how to roast)
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp cumin powder
- 0.5 tsp chili powder (or 1 tsp if preferred)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 cup cilantro, chopped
- To make the salad dressing, combine the lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, chili powder, cumin powder and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and drizzle the salad dressing over the top. Mix the salad until the dressing is evenly dispersed. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours prior to serving.
Notes: To roast your own corn: Heat a skillet with 1 teaspoon oil. Add the 2 cups corn + 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/4 teaspoon pepper and let roast on medium high heat for 5 - 7 minutes until corn starts to darken in color. Let cool 5 minutes before tossing with other ingredients.
For the full post, visit Little Spice Jar.